We saw the doctor today after a little delay. She was called away to deliver a baby so we had to wait about an hour or reschedule. I told them I'd try to have my baby after business hours. :)
She checked me for dilation but I'm not started yet. It doesn't mean anything anyway at this point because I could be dilating and still not go into labor.
Marti knew a lady that was 5 cm dilated and still bartending at a very busy restaurant in town!!!! That's insane!!!
So, if half way dilated doesn't mean anything, then I'm not going to bother finding out if I'm 1 cm or 2 cm or 3 cm or whatever until the time comes. She said they don't check every week unless I ask, so until further notice, I'm not having them check, so don't ask me about it. :)
Besides, it hurts a little and it made me bleed (because the cervix is engorged with blood at this time) so I figure the less spotting to worry about, the better.
She said when my contractions are starting 3-5 minutes apart and lasting 1 minute each and I can't speak when they are happening, then I'm in labor and to call them. She also said if it starts at night, to go to bed and not stay up trying to time them. She said if I can sleep, I'm not in real labor and to go to sleep in case I am in labor in the morning. If it turns out I'm in labor and wake up, then call and go to the hospital 15 minutes away. I'll be fine until I get to the hospital since first time takes a while.
We decided to collect the cord blood in case it can be used later for diseases. She gave us a special box full of I don't know what, but we bring it to the hospital with us on delivery day.
Wednesday, September 14, 2005
Posted by Lisa at 11:44 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment