Sneezing HURTS!
At least it hasn't made me pee my pants yet. But MAN!!!!! It really does a number on my stomach muscles every time I sneeze! I want to hold my belly and brace for it, but then again, I want to cover my face when I sneeze, too. Which, if I try not to hold it inside, is quite necessary! If I hold it back at all, it makes my abdomen hurt even more!
New subject: Parking issue at work. I've been blocked in a couple times now even when I'm not in the compact spots, so I am having a hard time finding a suitable spot sometimes. They used to park the school van in a solo reserved spot right up front, but it's in the garage these days so the spot sits open.
I commandeered the spot the last few times I've seen it open even though it says reserved.
Some lady came over to me and gave me a hard time today about parking there and said security would sticker my car. I told her I didn't want to get blocked in and she pointed to the next spot over. What she didn't understand was the next spot over had a car parked to the left that could very well leave and be replaced by a pregnant-lady's-car-blocker-inner, so I didn't move into it even though she seemed intent on getting me out of the reserved spot.
Just so that I didn't come back to a sticker on my car and have her gloating all the way back to her desk after lunch, I checked in with security and it seems there is no such thing as stickers here and they've NEVER towed a car. Ever. Richard (el jefe) even laughed when I told him about it, so I'm not concerned that they would be out to get the reserved spot commandeered (me).
So, now it's almost (not quite) like the spot is reserved for ME!!!! Sort of. And only for a couple of weeks until I leave to have this baby. After that I'm back to the regular parking spots.
But I told him I've been blocked in a couple times now and if my hips aren't too big one way, then my belly is too big the other and I have no hope of twisting into my car from the driver's side when that happens. And I'm CERTAINLY not going to climb over the center console and under the steering wheel to get in as long as I have this belly!
OK - enough about parking, huh?
Friday, September 16, 2005
Posted by Lisa at 11:46 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment