CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 25, 2005

The shower was fun! Mom and Beryl (and Ron!) made appetizers and stuff for everyone to eat. It seemed like there were a lot of people there, but I think it was more gifts than people. hahaha!!

Charlee and Travis helped pass presents over to me so I could open them and Marti helped by writing down what we got so we can remember what cam from whom later.

Amazingly, other than a lot of clothes (that we've been working on since the beginning) we didn't get any duplicates, so we didn't have to return anything.

There were actually so many gifts that we missed a couple in the confusion. When we got home, I was sorting through it all and found a couple of cards and a present that didn't look familiar. Turns out it must have gotten shuffled over to the "opened" pile before its time.

There were some games at the shower and they were short and sweet. Beryl and Mom gave everyone a cup of water with a baby in an ice cube and the first one to melt wins. Stuart won that round when his "water broke."

Then there was the beer drinking from baby bottles. I think I got a few good pictures of that one! Tony won.

After that, Everyone got a chance to guess how big around I've gotten. Diane tried reading my mind and went 10 (then TWENTY) inches over. hahaha! Marti played it safe and guessed under. (sweet man!) Luckily the few that guessed the same didn't win and have to split the prize. Tony won.

Then Mom and Beryl chose a random number as I was opening presents. Turns out they chose 13. The thirteenth present to be opened won it's giver a prize. Tony won.

We all told Tony he needed to go buy a lottery ticket on his way home. hahaha!!!!

We managed to get all the presents home in one trip because Marti thought to drive the Explorer instead of the Honda. (smart man!)

Then today we went shopping and got all kinds of odds and ends (and a stroller/car seat/carrier combo) for the baby. As I was unpacking and assembling everything, Marti went to Costco and bought all the diapers and wipes he could find. hahaha!!!!

That room is PACKED!!!! I think we're as ready as we can ever be. All we need now is that baby!

0 comments: