CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 29, 2005

A while back Jessica and Eugene gave me a gift certificate for a pregnancy massage. Things were going so good that I decided to save it for when I really needed it. :) Well, after last week, I decided yesterday would be a good time to use that up!

It was very nice and relaxing! Even the massage table was warmed when I hopped in. (Using the term "hopped" loosely here!)

With pregnancy they have to avoid certain spots so they don't get labor going, but she said at 37 weeks they can do that on purpose if I want to get things moving. YIKES!!! That's less than 3 weeks away!

I told her I'm waiting as long as I can and giving that little baby the full 40 weeks if I can stand it.

So, for now, I got the massage that was very gentle and avoided whatever spots on my back that have a tendency to stimulate contractions.

I think the best part was when she did my feet! When I get a pedicure, I'm always ticklish, but I didn't jump once yesterday! That was a rare treat for me.

After the massage my mom and Beryl picked me up and we went to a movie in the same plaza. It was a movie I'd seen before, but welcomed the chance to see it again since I'd missed part of it while I was using the facilities, because, you know, I'm pregnant!!!! One of the little published side effects of pregnancy -- missing key parts in a movie if you go to the theater because you're peeing again!

I came home to Marti's fantasy football draft party and the guys were all well behaved and apparently hard at work picking their teams for the next season. My entire downstairs looked like a boiler room operation with these guys pouring over pages of research and computers - complete with a 40"x60" white board to record their picks.

Geeks! :)

But it was cute. They had their little helmets with logos next to each pick on the board. hahaha!!!!

I was anticipating them interrupting my sleep that night, but they were all but done with the draft when I got home and then when they played poker afterwards, all I could hear from my room was the chips. I tried hearing the guys talking and couldn't hear one peep!

Thanks guys!

0 comments: