CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 6, 2005

Today was Cydney's first birthday party and it was pure insanity! I can't tell you how many kids were there, but for my taste - and patience level - it was too many. Marti and I agreed that for this little one's first birthday party, we'll invite Everett so we can say there was a kid there and then whatever family wants to show up to see her trash an entire cake on a plastic tablecloth on the kitchen floor, and then call it a day.

Maybe things change when you have kids, but 20 little ones running around screaming and yelling and having the best time of their 6-36 months on this planet was more than I can willingly subject myself to as a parent. As a guest I was able to step aside and watch it from afar, but as a parent you have to be in the middle of it.

None for me thanks! :) My hat's off to Jon and Shelley for pulling the whole thing off without screaming at the tops of their lungs even once!

0 comments: