My view of a blog is that it starts as one person publishing his or her thoughts, inviting others to comment. Readers are by no means obligated to comment, but if they do, a meaningful post is more appreciated when it lets me know what my post makes you think of. At least that's how I see it.
If something I post makes you think about something even remotely similar that you have experienced, feel free to comment on that here. I am not territorial about my topics. I am open to conversation and love finding a common thread!
Just like greeting cards, I find thoughtful responses of personal substance more meaningful than say, just signing your name, wishing me the best, and handing it to me.
And by all means, if I ask a question in any one of my posts, feel free to answer it constructively. I'm up for suggestions and dialogue - even if the question may have started out as rhetorical. An old friend once shared a thought that I love to live by: When you stop learning new things, you are dead. I like to keep living and enriching my life, not just have my same thoughts mindlessly reinforced by others.
Thursday, July 31, 2008
It's My Blog and You Can Comment If You Want To
Posted by Lisa at 11:40 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment