CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Partly Sunny

Another weather metaphor, Lisa?

Well, yes, it's my blog and I will use them if I want to!

Anyway, about all that depression stuff. As always, it seems to be lifting! Yeah!

No, I'm not absolutely manic right now, so don't take that "Yeah!" above too seriously. But I am happy that I seem to be feeling better -- both mentally and physically.

For some reason, Thursday morning I woke up and did not feel the same as I had been feeling for the weeks prior. I have no idea what changed, but SOMETHING is different. (THANK GOD!)

I was able to semi-jog down the stairs at work again, and even spun in a circle at the bottom when a coworker asked if I was feeling better. It was like a "ta-da!" moment for me since she asked at the top of the stairs. She knew I was feeling very wobbly, so it was good to be able to show her how much better I was feeling. Oh, who am I kidding? It was good to be able to show MYSELF how much better I was feeling!!!!

So, I'm not saying, "I'm cured." I know that's not true, as this comes and goes. But, it is good to know it has passed (again) and that I can get back to living my life instead of just finding a way to make it through each day.

Perhaps I pushed it a little by constructing a sprinkler system in the middle of a July afternoon, but as I've said before, nothing makes me feel better than getting shit done.

The PVC is almost all hooked together and there are sprinkler outlets for all of the plants. I just have to put the risers and the bubblers on each outlet and then find a way to hook the whole thing up to....

THE HOSE!

That's right! I am doing all this to hook it up to a hose. The reason why I can't hook it into our existing sprinkler box out back is a "whole 'nother story." For now, this will have to do. As long as my plants get water and make it through the summer, I don't care what it looks like. If it works well enough, maybe I'll go to the trouble to make it a legit sprinkler system.

0 comments: