This week has been a banner week for what I'm starting to call "Abbyisms." Abbyisms are those little things she says and does that are so out of the blue, yet so relevant, that they knock me off my feet!
The other day we gave her a cookie and a glass of milk. Normally she doesn't get food and drinks together, as it is too much for her and she ends up distracted and neither eating nor drinking. As she sat down at her little table, she picked up her cookie and looked at us, saying hesitantly as she placed her cookie over her milk, "Can I dip it?" I have no idea where she got this from! She gets all her milk in a sippy cup. But it was pretty damned cute, if you ask me. And yes, of course we let her dunk her cookie!
Then later in the week she was getting dressed and Marti was trying to get her socks on. There were some issues there because she doesn't like the seams on the toes, so she ended up taking over with the socks. She ended up stretching the socks all the way up to her knees instead of rolling them over as usual. Then she said to us, "I'm a baseball player!"
Uh. Yes, you DO look like a baseball player with your long white socks, but, once again, WHERE do you come up with these things, Abby? We don't really watch a lot of baseball here, AT ALL!
Our days are full of little discoveries like this and it is so fun watching her grow and develop into this inquisitive little person.
Last weekend we went to the dinosaur museum and she had so much fun! Unfortunately, there were no pterodactyls there -- those are her favorites! It cracks me up when she sits with her little dino toys and tells me the names for them. She can say pterodactyl perfectly, and it just sounds so weird coming from a two year old!
This last picture has nothing to do with her talking about things, but I ran across it when looking for a dinosaur museum picture for the post. I just think it's the cutest thing!! It is her friend, Everett, and her at a recent game in the bleacher seats outside the suite. Their faces are priceless! Sure, they spent more time running around the suite and dancing than actually watching the game, but this was a fun picture, I thought!
Saturday, August 2, 2008
Out of the Mouths of Babes
Posted by Lisa at 7:45 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment