Last night we went to have dinner with the in-laws. I have come to hate being in their home due to the unfenced pool. I cannot sit down anywhere and see where Abby is at all times due to their funky floor plan, so I'm constantly getting up to go get her and reel her back in to where we are, or else sitting in some room with her away from everyone else so she can play with whatever it is she finds in the toy room.
Well, last night I had a great idea! I sat her down next to me at the edge of the pool and we dangled our feet in the water! What better way to know she is not drowning in the unfenced pool than to put her in it?
It worked like a charm! I sat down and finally relaxed, Marti was able to join me for a while, and my father in law was BBQing, so he was out there, too. I was relaxed, I wasn't secluded, and Abby was able to do something she wanted to do without feeling like "her leash" was being yanked.
It was cute to see her running around in her diaper (because we took her dress off to keep it clean). The relaxation didn't last though. Eventually we had to go in and eat, and then after that, it was time to start patrolling full time again. She did make a couple of comments while we were pool-side that confirmed my concerns about having an unfenced pool with a 2 year old. Also, the dog ran by and Abby sort of jerked away from her and into me, but had nobody been there, she could have fallen into the pool accidentally. THAT is the type of thing that you cannot even plan for, and that is why I insist on a real and complete pool fence over there.
I took these pictures of Abby in her dress yesterday before we went over there. I am taking care of my neighbor's yard while she's away and the pretty flowers over there just begged for a little girl to stand next to the flowers to get her picture taken! Unfortunately, it was HOT (so I had to move fast!) and the sun was behind us, so they are not perfect, but I don't care.
(I am adding this after the fact: I just realized that one little part of the lantana flower is falling as she sniffs it - if you click on the picture to see the bigger version (HUGE VERSION!) you can see it right by the bow! How cool!)
Monday, August 18, 2008
The Easy Way Out
Posted by Lisa at 7:40 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Lisa I love love love the pics of Abby and the flowers
I have to ask where did you get that dress It is beautiful!!
Wendy (Ynis Witrin FF)
(Blush) It is from WALMART!!!!
If you look at April, we went to a wedding and she had another dress she wore there. I wasn't sure which one to put on her that day, so got them both, as they were only $7 each! They looked like they were left over from Easter and on clearance. She had another one like this one on at Easter if you page back a little more.
Anyway, they were size 3T, and she's only a 2T, but with the bows in back, they can be pulled in a little and they work -- at least well enough for $7 worth of dress. :)
Post a Comment