CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Got Called in to the Controller's Office for a Meeting Today

A little bit after 9 am today I got an email from the controller saying he wants to have a meeting and would 10 be ok?

ACK! What did I do? My boss has been gone all week and I don't even have anyone to stress with until 10:00 gets here!!!

Of course, yesterday I got a call from Abby's day care telling me she had thrown up and they couldn't get a hold of Marti and she needed to be picked up.

ACK! Was it that I just emailed him and left without checking in first? It's such a small office that you can't HELP but be accountable for your job and your actions, so I've never felt like it would be an issue if I left. Normally I'm the last one out of the building, even IF I've already put in my 8 hours. So they know me.

But what if that just wasn't OK?

What else could I have done? Why a meeting? Why now? The only other meeting we've EVER had since I started was to announce a promotion of one of our executives.

What did I do????

Well, 10 am was quickly approaching and a manager comes to my desk from another department requesting some info. I told him I could get it for him, but I only had a second. He couldn't tell me the exact account code, so I had to give up, but searching for it for him was driving me batty, and I was going to be LATE!!!!

Um, is THAT was the meeting was going to be about? I am ALWAYS late, but for every minute I'm late, I put in at least twice that. They definitely get a full day out of me.

Well, I finally made it in to his office, a moment before 10:00 and he clears a seat for me. Then as I'm sitting down, he asks me to close the door.

Duh duh DUH!!!!! DRAMA!!!!

Well, it turns out that he just wanted to ask me how I liked my job!!!!! (Was he going somewhere, though???) We talked and I was very candid that I love it so much I want to giggle every day! He opened up and told me that he was glad because in our interview he asked why I was leaving teaching and he wasn't sure what to make of my response. In a way, he was concerned about my dislike of the job and wondered -- get this -- if I had a grasp of reality! HA HA!!!!!

Well, now he knows I'm not typically miserable on the job and that WAS an unusual situation, but I still have not sat down and given him the entire story. Not that it's a "story" per se, it's just that I can go on forever and sound like a real bitch when I start talking about it, and I just don't feel it's entirely appropriate in the office. Especially if he's got other things to do, and especially if he's got kids that age! ;)

I keep meaning to blog about why I hated teaching so I can remember it if I ever get stupid and want to try it a THIRD time! I can't believe all the things I forgot after my first teaching job! What amazes me more, is all the NEW suckiness that teaching has embodied since then.

0 comments: