OK, it's not really too funny. It's just mildly funny at best.
A friend has added a link here on his blog, and wouldn't you know it? I am sitting right next to another "Lisa" on his list.
It reminds me of Spanish class in high school when Mr. Felix put all 3 Lisas in the class period in ONE ROW! He had squinty little eyes, and we could never tell which one of us he was looking at or which one he was calling on. He also was cranky all the time. This combination of this physical characteristic and personality trait with his chosen seating arrangement did NOT make for a positive experience in HS Spanish for me.
Before I go and just for the record, let me just say this now so nobody asks. NO, I'm not that same Lisa. First of all, I'm not 25, I'm 39. :( I'll just stop there before I find a sharp object and hurt myself. :(
Wednesday, June 4, 2008
Too Funny
Posted by Lisa at 11:14 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Who could have linked you? Hmm, I wonder? :-)
I once had classes with, believe it or not, another Tom Johnson. He sat behind me. The funniest thing is that we became friends and hung out for years, which lead to many odd looks when either of us had to introduce the other.
And just the other weekend I went to the Police concert with a friend who brought along a guy he knows who is named, you guessed it, Tom Johnson (but not the same one as above.) The best part here is that this solves two mysteries that we've been curious about for years. We've been getting random calls about openings for physical therapy jobs, looking for that name, but not me, obviously. This guy is a physical therapist, so now we know who they were looking for. And we also think we know something unfortunate about him. For the past couple of years, we've been getting calls from collection agencies looking for someone with my name in our area. We finally got an address from them one time and it was where this guy lived! Pay your bills, dude! You should be making good money!
Eeeyew. That sucks! What an uncomfortable feeling to know something so personal about someone without them knowing it.
It's one thing if they told you, but to find out and then they don't know you know... Just uncomfortable for me to think about.
Post a Comment