For those of you that have followed my situation for the last several months, I left a job where I got insurance, spent a couple months off work, and got another job that offers insurance after 90 days of employment. This week the HR lady gave me my "packet."
:)
For some that would signal many hundreds of dollars saved over the course of the year. For me, it was a red light turning ever so subtlety green on the TTC front. It was the leaves of a tree starting to come out after a long winter. Group insurance = a chance to start trying again. It feels like spring!
Granted, like in Idaho ;), we may get an unexpected frost after the tiny green buds peek out from the branches, and possibly lose the whole season, but it's worth a try. I know I have a history of losses, and I'm prepared to take on whatever may come. It helps that I'm in a job where every minute away from my "post" does not take an hour to make up for! I have that serenity in my life now, which can only help in this effort.
It's crunch time. I turn 40 in October, and if it doesn't happen this year, I think we'll have to be OK with calling it quits. We have Abby already, and she has enriched our lives in ways I can't even begin to describe. If it's just her, as I always say, I will not complain.
Only time will tell what the next few months will bring. I hope it's a "fruitful" year (to use another plant metaphor).
Saturday, June 14, 2008
The Harbinger of TTC
Posted by Lisa at 12:55 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh, and fuck you! old... pft! ;)
Hey - I got Abby a MONKEYING AROUND outfit at the freakin' dollar store last night! I'll probably think of you every time I dress her in it.
We're going to meet up with the original monkey man today for a play date. Everett (monkey) was born 3 weeks after her and they are TIGHT! I have pictures of them holding hands spontaneously as babies, and kissing already! YIKES!!! At least I know he's from a good home.
Anyway, I'll take pictures and post later. We're going to the water park out in our friend's 'hood.
Damned stupid frost. It kills all the pretty stuff. Grrrr....
You are old. But that's okay. I still think you're cool.
Good luck on the TTC front. I hope that it happens quickly and easily for you this time around.
FYI - didn't make it to the water park. Oh, the joys of toddlerhood tantrums (X2 since we were all dealing with our respective toddlers)! We hung out at their home, so no real photo ops, hence, no pictures posted from the play date.
Post a Comment