CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 16, 2008

Father's Day Fun

This year for Father's Day I decided to just leave Marti alone. Haha!!! It was suggested by one of our local radio guys, and Marti did say all he wanted to do was watch golf, so what the heck.

Leading up to the day, his mom called and asked if we wanted to come see them, but I told her I wasn't sure, as I thought I remembered Marti saying he had something he was considering with friends who have a toddler, too. I left it kind of open, since it's not MY day to say what we are or are not doing.

I had received some home grown green apples last week from the lady who retired and made my job possible. My friend, Tiffany, offered to come over and show me how to bake them into a cinnamon crisp. Even THAT I left up in the air until the night before.

As it turns out, Tiffany did come over and pretty much totally baked that crisp herself. (What a sweetie!) And we three girls (Tiffany, Abby, and myself) spent the afternoon in the ghetto pool being silly while Marti watched golf, as planned.

Well, apparently he never called his mom back to tell her himself that we were not coming over, and she had to take my "maybe not" as the best response she could get. I don't suppose that made her happy, but still... I didn't know he wasn't going to call her back again. She could have called him before Father's Day, too.

She did call ON Father's Day and he said she sounded upset, and said something like she feels like she always comes last, or his friends always come first, or something to that effect.

The way I see it, she may have a point to make (which we have a HUGE counter point, but that's neither here nor there at the moment), but on FATHER'S DAY? She wants to play "WHY ISN'T IT ALL ABOUT ME?" on Father's Day? Last I checked, most people with a right to complain that they are not getting enough attention on Father's Day have a penis. Is it just me?

So, anyway, the day before that, we went to see my friends and HAD planned on taking the toddlers out to the splash park, but that plan fell apart. Marti did, however, dress Abby in her bathing suit before we left, just in case we would still make it out there and find that THEY still wanted to go. (They did not.) I took a picture of Abby in her bathing suit, because it was too funny.

This is why, even on Father's Day, the guys still need the moms around to keep an eye on everything. Is this a riot, or what???? My friend texted me today to let me know, "We have Abby's singlet." I guess we forgot her bathing suit over there when we changed her.



To end the day, we watched a horror movie, Funny Games. I should have trusted my instincts on the title alone. Then, (spoiler alert) I should have just walked away when the main character started talking to the audience through the camera lens. Are you KIDDING ME? That is always a sign of a bad movie, unless maybe in a comedy like Ferris Bueller's Day Off, where it was well done. I have no idea what I was thinking when I continued to sit through the movie, even as the plot turned, then the main character picks up a TV remote, and hits REWIND! Yes, he rewound his own movie -- the one we were watching! W.T.F.???????

Then, I felt nothing less than irritated and disappointed that it didn't go somewhere in the end. On another note, I did not feel amorous. Not at all. Not even a tiny bit. Not even if I was ovulating and the frost warning had been lifted. However, let's not forget it was Father's Day. Ha ha!!! Marti, bless his male heart, had one thing on his mind and he'd been thinking of it all day -- bad horror movie or not!

Let's just say I was dubbed the good wife when all was said and done.

Gee, thanks, Sweetie.

2 comments:

Flying Monkeys said...

Way to take one for the team.
Is he preparing her to be the next JLo or Lil Kim? That is one low riding suit. I guess it's better than her having a wedgie. Oh wait! Is it supposed to fit that way?

Lisa said...

It's backwards. (snicker!!!)