So, apparently there is a secret room where I work!
This all came to light when it got too hot in the office and they were talking about where to move the vending machines that are in a room that "our" a/c unit also serves.
They said they might be remodeling and moving the machines into an area where the secret room is now. (It looks like a closet in the ladies room, but used to be a little lounge with a lounge chair to take a nappy nap if needed.)
So, now that it's coming time to THINK about TTC again, I can't help but hope that they don't remodel! IF we (Marti) decide(s) that we (Marti) want(s) to try after all, and IF I am able to carry a second pregnancy to term, I definitely want to return to work, and definitely to my current job, if at all possible. If all of those planets align, then that secret room would make a GREAT place to pump at work in private since my current desk is about 15 feet from the main entrance to our office. Granted, you can't see into my cube without making a point of coming over to my desk or my manager's desk, but PLENTY of people visit her desk throughout the day with various needs, so privacy there would not be possible.
PLUS, I'm only in a cube, so every guy in the office would HEAR every little thing, and I know that skeeves most guys out to no end.
So, here's my dilemma. Do I mention that I might be TTC soon and request that they consider leaving the room intact for another year? Or do I keep my yap shut and watch it disappear before my eyes?
I guess there is a semi-private bathroom down the hall from me that I could use. Generally speaking, there are about 5 or 6 women that use that one -- some regularly, and some just from time to time. I'm just kind of private about my boobies and don't want to pump where people poop. The separate lounge just sounded so much nicer and might have had a better privacy option.
Maybe I'm putting the cart before the horse.
Maybe I'm a city dweller and I will never have a horse anyway.
Thursday, June 19, 2008
The Secret Room
Posted by Lisa at 7:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment