I know, I know. This could end up being a "be careful what you wish for" title to my post today. But hear me out.
I have reading glasses that a doctor gave me a few years ago. I barely needed them then, so I rarely used them. I saved them for days where I was experiencing eye fatigue. I also took them up on the offer to make them turn into sunglasses when I was out in the sun. It sounded like a good idea at the time.
Fast forward to 2008. I am back in an accounting position and my eyes are not what they used to be. The combination of this is leading me to need the glasses more often than before. I'd say I need them on a regular basis now -- at least a few times a week I feel they make things better for me even though they are a pain in the ass when I look UP from what I'm doing.
So, the view from my desk is pretty great. I have windows from about 2.5 feet off the floor to the ceiling. That's a lot of light. (Remember, my reading glasses turn to sunglasses in sunlight!)
I feel like a complete dork wearing sunglasses in my office! (I'm having deja vu! Did I blog about the sunglass part already or was that somewhere else that I mentioned that?)
BUT, that's not the point of this thread. It is merely what brought me to this point.
I got another pair of reading glasses and was wearing them while trimming my nails. I looked past my nails to my legs and noticed the skin on them is kind of gross, actually! I would not have seen this without my glasses on. I guess I have everything in a mildly soft focus now that I'm getting older.
Which brings me to my point.
I wonder if it's nature's way of showing kindness to us in our older age, in an "ignorance is bliss" kind of way. I mean, if I become half blind in my old age and can't SEE how bad my skin becomes, then isn't that better than knowing and not being able to do anything about it?
Thursday, June 19, 2008
Blind is Kind
Posted by Lisa at 7:09 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment