A little history: I sort and distribute the mail at work. We also get hand delivered interoffice mail from our other location here in the valley once a day usually.
Last week the parts manager came to me looking for a package he should have gotten from our Deer Valley location with a bag of 50 nuts. (Not like peanuts! Like nuts and bolts, silly!) He said he was told they handed it directly to me. I could not for the life of me remember seeing that package nor the guy that said he delivered it to me, and figured with the weight of 50 nuts that I'd remember something like that in an interoffice envelope. I was nearly positive that I had not seen it. Also, there were TWO names on it, instead of just one, to deliver it to. I thought that was odd, and once again, was certain I would have remembered that. Seriously, how can you deliver one piece of mail to two people?
As the week went on, the search continued. We looked high and low and asked everyone in the building if they'd seen the missing nuts. (Amazingly, no raunchy comments resulted!)
Finally today, I got the interoffice package from our Dallas location and guess what was in there? (Oh, a little history there: the airport at Dallas used to be called Redbird, so the 3 letter abbreviation for Dallas Executive Airport is RBD.)
SO, anyway, the package is in there!!! For a split second I felt vindicated, thinking the DV people sent it to RBD on accident. It was addressed in caps as follows: (The capital "O" is the hole punch in the envelope, which affected the way it read.)
LORI O ROD PARTS BRIAN C DV
So, I thought for a minute that someone thought ROD was RBD and sent it off to Dallas. The O WAS a little triangular, so it looked like it might have been a B in a previous life. ;) I felt vindicated for a brief moment until I realized that person who thought it read "RBD" was ME!!! I was the dumbass who sent it off to Dallas!!!
Lucky for me the guy who needed those nuts to fix the plane didn't show up on Friday as planned, so nobody (outside of the company) was the wiser to my mistake. Well, except for YOU! ;) Also, luckily the parts manager got busy and didn't have a chance to try to track down MORE nuts on Friday, so we didn't have a duplicate order. (Apparently they were the only ones to be found in Phoenix, so it would have been a big deal to find this specialty part somewhere else.)
I got lucky!
I made it known throughout the parts department that I was the one that screwed it up. I am humble enough to take my knocks when deserved. I volunteered to step up for my public flogging, but they were gracious enough to let it slide. ;)
It feels good to have the mystery solved, but I was hoping it wasn't me. Dang it! I was so sure it wasn't me!
Monday, June 2, 2008
My Daily Dumbass
Posted by Lisa at 6:51 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment