CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Woo Hoo! It's Working!

I've been pretty religiously entering my meals and exercise on The Daily Plate since I started it on 8/20/08. It's been a month, and while I have not exercised at least 3 times a week like I wanted to do, I have seen results!

I have lost 4.5 lbs so far, which isn't really off from the 1 pound per week that I thought I would lose. I did target 1.5 pounds per week, but every time I blow it for a day or don't exercise, I know that takes its toll on my results, and I'm ok with 1 pound per week I guess. :)

I have also lost an inch in my waist already, and that is where I want to lose it the most! My shorts are a little lose on me again and it feels GREAT!!! I want to go shopping for new work clothes because it's been a while and my clothes are all faded or have stains here and there. It's not a good idea though, because if this keeps up, I will shrink out of anything that I buy today and just have to go buy more. We try to be tight with the money, especially in times like we're seeing these days. No need to go out and waste hundreds of dollars on something I'll just have to replace in a month anyway, right? Lucky for me I got the job at the casual place and nobody cares. Had I gotten the job at the financial firm it would be a whole new story.

Instead of Thanksgiving for a goal, I have changed it to New Year's Eve because it's hard enough sticking to the 1 pound a week diet guidelines. I still try for the 1.5 goal, but I don't feel bad if I go over a couple hundred calories or take a break from exercising if I'm tired. Who knows, maybe I'll have to adjust again once the holidays hit. That can't be good for a diet, right? Maybe I'll give Marti his wife back on Valentine's Day. :)

For now, I just want to share that the help I get from the website is definitely working for ME! I need to see results, and the graphs that show every little half pound lost really make a difference for me. I like seeing the correlation between the calories I consume and my weight, as well. (There is a calorie overlay feature on the weight graph.)

The site does allow for some measurements to be entered on the free version, so I've done that twice now, but I also entered more measurement points on my body in an Excel sheet since I didn't want to pay for the added features on the site.

Even though I'm exhausted from all the plumbing I've been doing this week (and the all-nighter I pulled under the kitchen sink on Friday!) I still feel good knowing I'm on my way back to the body I want to have back.

I just hope that my skin doesn't sag once I deflate all this fat out of it! Please, skin, shrink back with the rest of it!!!!

Oh, and boobs... It was nice knowing you two! I am not even going to pretend to think that they are going to stick around!

0 comments: