I wouldn’t say the diet is going WELL yet, but I am not saying it’s a failure, either. I’m learning about the foods I eat, simply by paying better attention to what I eat and what is actually IN it. So, it’s a learning process, and I still am very encouraged that this will work well EVENTUALLY.
So, anyway, we have vending machines at work and I wanted something sweet today. I decided on a Diet Mountain Dew. Until last week, I didn’t even REALIZE we HAVE Diet Mountain Dew in the machine!
What happened was, the guy who comes and fills all of our machines was there, and it occurred to me to ask him if one of the 5 rows of bottled and canned Mountain Dew could be traded out for Diet Mountain Dew. It was then that he directed me 2 rows up to what he dubbed “The Oddball Row” where there WAS a nice pretty line of Diet Mountain Dew bottles! It was there all along!
I laughed and told him I was so fixated on the consolidated corner of regular Mountain Dews that I didn’t even think to look elsewhere for it. (It was up with all the funky juices and teas that I would never choose.)
He smiled, took out a Diet Mountain Dew, and handed it to me, saying, “Here you go – for holding out so long.” Aw, shucks! Thanks, buddy!
So now, every time I go back the machine, I get an “Aw, shucks” moment again! You see, the price on that row says $1.25, but every time I put my 5 quarters in there and press C5, it then displays $1.00 on the payment screen and gives me a quarter back.
It’s like a little coupon or rebate every time I buy one!
Would it be silly of me to think that he reset that price that day after we spoke? I wonder when he comes back and sees the Diet Mountain Dew row fairly well depleted, if he’ll smile that little smile we all get when we know we’ve done one of those random acts of kindness.
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
Random Act of Kindness
Posted by Lisa at 11:33 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment