CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 15, 2008

And He Says I'm Not Funny!!!!

I tend to be a prankster. Since it’s just the three of us in the house, and 2-year-olds don’t generally respond well to my type of pranks, Marti tends to be the victim of my pranks more often than not.

A little semi-irrelevant history: last week (?) a 2 year old got loose on the streets of the valley by unlocking the front door and wandering off while his grandparents slept. I’ve had 2 separate people that I KNOW tell me that something very similar has happened to them – so it truly can happen to anyone. Those toddlers are crafty and capable of so much more than we give them credit for sometimes!

I ran upstairs to go to the restroom (our downstairs toilet is currently out of service) and thought to myself, “What if she wandered off while I was up here doing my business? I could happen, right?” I then remembered that I had some rinky-dink little door alarms that I had bought over a year ago to put on some of the doors so I’d know if she was up wandering into rooms she shouldn’t be in at night. They didn’t fit the bedroom doors, so they just sat in a box in the garage – until now. I took them out to see what I’d need to do to rig them up to the doors because I have a new motivation to do so with all these toddlers escaping!

Back to the prank…

Marti was outside BBQing last night, so I stuck one on the SLIDING door (which took no rigging up), turned it on, and then watched and waited….

I had to watch to make sure he was coming in with nothing in his hands. It has an ear-piercing 90 decibel alarm and he would NOT be expecting it.

So, I waited. And waited… It didn’t take long until he came towards the door, and, as luck would have it, I didn’t need to stop him, as his hands were empty.

I don’t know what I was thinking!!!! I didn’t get the camera out and have it running, but I should have! Dang it! He jumped – well, actually crouched down – and looked up at it like it was a swarm of bees about to attack! I laughed so hard, and once he caught his breath, he admitted it was funny.

He tells me all the time that I’m not funny, but this week he told me on three separate occasions that I was funny. Last night after that, he stopped to think and said something to the effect of, “You know what? I think you ARE funny after all!”

We’ve been together ten years, and he’s finally seeing this?

;)

As for me, I can’t wipe this shit-eating grin off my face every time I picture him doing his little “duck and cover” move when that alarm went off. I did get one heck of a belly laugh out of that last night!

0 comments: