When I opened my kitchen cabinet to see all of my cleaning supplies, pipes, and interior cabinet walls spewed with God only knows what kind of wet, yellowish, curd-like substance, logic told my mind that it couldn't possibly be vomit UNDER THE SINK!!! But my eyes cannot be fully convinced -- still. Thankfully, my nose was able to back up my mind and make a pretty good effort in trying to convince my eyes that you cannot possibly have that amount of vomit without at least SOME gut wrenching odor, which thankfully, really was absent.
So, what was it, you ask?
It took me a while to figure it out.
I am of the school of thought that all storage in a small home must be fully utilized, so the space under the sink was PACKED! It took a bit of time and effort to get all the curd coated stuff out of there. Of course, there were pools of water here and there, and the reverse osmosis tank to be dealt with as well. (This tank is probably 3 gallons, and now sits approximately an inch lower than anything else in the cabinet due to its weight pushing down into the soggy particle board that is my cabinet base.)
When I finally got everything out and Marti helped me sop up all the muck, I realized there were egg shells the size of lady bugs mixed in with all the slop.
HUH??? Where did THEY come from?
Upon closer inspection, I realized our garbage disposal had a blow out and had been spewing semi-rotted, completely wet garbage into and over all of my under-sink belongings for at least a few days until I discovered it.
Lovely. I still haven't finished redoing the OTHER repair I made to our downstairs toilet a couple weekends ago!
Tonight I went to the home store to get a new disposal, as well as a new faucet while I was at it. What the heck, right? Our old faucet has been limping along for months now, and dealing with one part here, one part there through Delta's lifetime warranty program is getting a bit tedious. There comes a point when you just have to say, "Fuck it!" and buy a new one. (Or, would that be "Pfuck it" since the new on is a Price Pfister faucet? LOL!!!)
So I did.
I selected a basic pull-out faucet to replace the one we have. It was about $100. On the way out, I saw another one on a clearance end cap that WAS about $100, but was marked down to $25 or so. It was entirely different than the one we currently have, but I figured for the price, maybe it would be JUST FINE!
Then I went to pay for it.
They guy tried scanning it, and was laughing each time. It could only mean one thing. Someone was called to assist, and when the advice that was given was followed and the other person came over to assist, I ended up getting a $100 faucet for a PENNY! :)
He did inform me that if I decided I wanted to return it, I would only get my penny back.
A penny.
Seriously!
Now all I need to know is how does one take a cabinet apart to replace a MAJORLY sagging/warped base inside without ruining the face?
Monday, September 15, 2008
Is That Vomit????
Posted by Lisa at 10:47 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Yuck!
Post a Comment