This weekend I went OFF on our plumbing! I've been "dealing" with the faults and failures that the original plumbing has been throwing my way, but not any more! This weekend I stared it in the face and said, "BACK OFF BITCH!"
It started with a blown out garbage disposal last week. THAT needed to be replaced, so I figured why not the kitchen faucet that has also been giving me fits? (Yes, I wrote about this part before, so you are right in thinking this is familiar.)
In the process of choosing a new faucet, I ended up signing myself up for not one, but TWO faucet installations, because I changed my mind after the first one was installed. Also, the garbage disposal I installed had a defect (go figure!) so I had to start from scratch and do that ALL OVER AGAIN, too!
After pulling an all-nighter on Friday night and working well into the weekend after that, I managed to complete the following:
1. Successfully replace kitchen faucet
2. Successfully replace garbage disposal
3. Successfully reinstall reverse osmosis system
4. Half-ass-edly deal with sinking kitchen cabinet base due to previous water damage
5. Successfully fix downstairs guest toilet (again) (finally)
6. Successfully reintroduce the concept of hot water to the master bathroom shower after a year of just using the second bath instead.
7. Oh, what the heck! Just replace the faucet and drain in the second bath while you have the freakin' tools out, you plumbing fiend!!!!!
Yes, I was an animal this weekend! And it feels damned good to have all of this stuff done finally! I waited to post about it until I got into my own shower and felt hot water again. It's real. I have reclaimed my bathroom!
My next plumbing project (barring any plumbing fiasco) is to replace all the shut off valves with ball valves so I can KNOW if they are in the off position or not by looking at them. I HATE the normal knob style that homes come with!!!!!! They never work and there is always the threat of turning them too much.
My next post will be about something so utterly feminine to balance out this plumbing theme just to keep everything right in the world for those that can't handle a woman working under the sink. Maybe I'll sew something like I did after the time I replaced my roof (in July) (in Phoenix)!!!!!!! Halloween IS coming up, and my bird of an eater just doesn't FIT into anything she wants to wear!
Oh, idea for next blog. Abby. Halloween. Date. Reminder to self.
OK, later.
Monday, September 22, 2008
Plumbing Mania!
Posted by Lisa at 9:45 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment