CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 8, 2005

Scheduled another ultrasound today. There is a test they can do that replaces the amniocentesis and is non-invasive. I just need to stick my finger and put a few spots of blood on an envelope they gave me and mail it in.

They analyze that for some chemical and also do the ultrasound to see the thickness of the skin at the neck of the baby and it indicates the odds of if the baby could have certain birth defects.

Since I'm over 35, it seems this is covered and I get another ultrasound at about 11 1/2 weeks. YEAH!

Then there's one more at about 18-20 where they should be able to tell the sex and that one is routine so it will be covered.

Vicky, Dr. Donnelly's nurse called today with the blood tests and the results from the last ultrasound.

It seems my blood work and all that fun stuff is "perfect" in her words. They also discovered I don't have any STDs of any sort. (I coulda told 'em that!)

She said the ultrasound results were great but there's a little subchorionic bleed remaining from when I had the early spotting. She didn't seem concerned and when I looked it up, it seems these normally take care of themselves. Yada yada yada...

I've been pretty hungry some days. So much so that sometimes I've been hungry less than an hour after eating.

Today I had the joy of my stomach feeling empty only 15 minutes after I ate a bowl of noodles. What's up with that?????

The good news is this doesn't happen every day, so I hopefully won't have to worry about packing on extra pounds.

0 comments: