Remember that trip up north mentioned below? Well, that fun weekend turned into heartbreak when Morgan (my step-dogger) became very sick and agitated Friday night.
We ended up having to put her to sleep after a very long day of trying to save her at 2 different vet's offices.
I went with Marti to go "pick her up" and we prepared with some ground beef to feed her when she got home. However, she never made it home.
We had a feeling when we left the house that EVENTUALLY that may happen, but I think we were in partial denial that we'd have to do it that day. In the back of my mind I went with him just to be his strength in case he needed to make the decision on the spot.
Turns out my subliminal thoughts were right and it was a good thing I went with Marti so I could say good-bye to Morgan. However, the idea of being the strong one didn't quite work out as I'd planned. I cried harder than I did when I put down my very own Sierra.
I guess I was a little more prepared for Sierra's passing -- and I wasn't almost 11 weeks pregnant at the time.
The semi-funny thing about getting home from the vet was when I went to clean out my purse. I'd been stuffing tissues in there after using them and hadn't noticed I had a big bloody nose!
Imagine my surprise when I pulled a bloody tissue out of my purse! The whole time I thought it was just boogers, but I was bleeding, too!
Good thing the nurse gave us a box of Kleenex when it was all done!
Sunday, March 20, 2005
Posted by Lisa at 7:13 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment