CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 31, 2009

Sorry Folks! Park's Closed. Moose Out Front Shoulda' Told Ya!

OK, admittedly, this post has nothing to do with National Lampoon's Vacation, but somehow that is the quote I thought of when my computer told me I couldn't download my pictures from my camera today.

I'm out of disk space.

Really? I mean, how many pictures and video clips does it normally take to fill up a pc? Have I really overdone it?

I have all of our pictures from 2005 until now on this thing. I think I usually take a lot of pictures, but not nearly as many as some.

Ugh. Do I really need to start saving to CDs? I LOVE to be able to just flip through folders that I have named by month and year, to see what I'm looking for. If I have to start inserting disk after disk to find what I'm looking for, I'll go mad!

And of course, this is on the night a big Shutterfly offer expires. Wouldn't you know it?

I'm going to see if there is some external drive that can hold a lot of photos and videos. Our CD drive sicks at best and our DVD drive won't even recognize disks anymore.

I guess I can add this to my list of things to do. Tonight, I just want to be able to get some pictures into Shutterfly so I can use this package deal before it expires.

2 comments:

Plant Girl said...

Get an external hard drive! Do not pass go, do not collect $200! Head right to your nearest computer accessory store (best buy, or similar) and buy yourself a hard drive.

We have a Western Digital 1TB external that backs up EVERYTHING. We have years worth of video, pictures and documents with plenty of room left. Well worth the $100 we spent.

Go buy one!

Lisa said...

Got one! I may have even gotten the same one as you, from the sound of it. It was on sale at Best Buy today for $109. Woo hoo! My computer finally gets to "take a dump." I hope it feels better when it's done unloading!