Ulta had buy one get one on their store brand lotion today, so I went to stock up. My favorite (actually, the only one I really like) is the grapefruit scent. However, there were none on the shelf. Fearing it was discontinued -- as I did notice some new scents -- I asked for assistance. The nice girl pointed me to the clearance rack and confirmed that it was discontinued. :(
That is the bad news. I won't be able to buy my favorite scent anymore. Plus, it's fairly inexpensive, often on sale to boot, and just the right "weight" for lotion for me.
The good news is, the remaining bottles were on sale for 50% off. I was going to stock up anyway, it seemed!
The even better news was that even though it was on clearance, it still fell under the buy one get one sale! Woo hoo!!!! That was enough for me to drive around and hit every Ulta in my neighborhood. Some had it, some didn't, but, I also discovered another scent that I could live with - and for that price, I might sort of love it, too! As long as my stockpile lasts, that is.
Sunday, August 2, 2009
Good News and Bad News: A Shopping Story
Posted by Lisa at 4:37 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment