I recently discovered a funny site that posts pictures of passive aggressive notes that people have left. I find it pretty funny.
I tend to leave notes around my house that could easily be interpreted as passive aggressive. There is still one on the switch for our garbage disposal that says, "Come on! You know you wanna!" because Marti tends to shove food down there and leaves it to rot. Ick!
I leave the notes, not to be a bitch, but as a way of making light of it. If I don't laugh at it (and leave notes to get it off my chest), I would probably scream at it, so I choose the lesser of two evils.
Today I noticed that Marti has been frying breakfast sausage but not cleaning up the MASSIVE splatter pattern on the stove top. I left a paper towel on the mess today hoping the grease that would soak into the towel before he saw it would make my point for me. On the paper towel I wrote, "Really gross," put the spray cleaner next to it, and left it at that.
When I got home today I could see that he tried, in his "one X, one Y" sort of way, to clean it up. However, there is still grease all over the stove. It's pretty gross.
Of course, I could just continue to "fix it" for him as I have done in the past, but is it too much to hope that a man would realize that "greasy to the touch" and "visibly splattered" are not acceptable statuses for a kitchen appliance that one has just cleaned?
So, I resorted to another passive aggressive note. It awaits his return tonight. I don't know if he sees what little humor there is in these notes, but they make me feel better somehow.
As you can see, there are rings on the paper towel where I rotated it on the burner pan that was still covered in grease. There are also small pieces of paper napkin that have soaked up some of the spatter by the knobs. It was great how he cleaned up to the bottom of the knobs and then just stopped there. It is still greasy on the knobs, between the knobs, and above the knobs. Nice. < shaking head in dismay > I was actually hoping that the napkin would STICK to the grease, but it wasn't sticky enough so I had to hold it up with the salt and pepper. Darn. Who would have ever thought a wife would be sad that her greasy mess wasn't sticky enough?
Monday, July 20, 2009
Passive Aggressive Notes
Posted by Lisa at 8:18 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment