Last night proved to be an interesting 4th of July! We didn't plan to watch the fireworks, but it turns out we couldn't miss them if we tried!
At 9pm I went downstairs to get a glass of water and Joey followed me.
BOOM!!! It sounded like someone lit a Roman Candle in our back yard! Needless to say, Joey panicked and didn't know what to make of that! I settled her down and went upstairs, just thinking it was some neighborhood kids getting into trouble.
Next thing I knew, they were going off like crazy! And I'm not talking the little fire cracker type that kids normally play with. I looked out the south facing window to see if I could see anything, as it's only houses to the north. I couldn't see a thing. It was as if they were directly over the house!
Obviously there was something going on, so I decided to look out the other side of the house, and sure enough, there they were! It turns out that I had a perfect view of them while sitting in the rocking chair in the nursery! So, if they do it again next year, we will have a perfect view of the fireworks from Baby's own window!
I wish I knew who put on the show. We could even hear the music when it was semi-quiet between booms. By counting the time between the visual and the audible on each firework, I determined they were about 2 miles away. That is, if the same holds true for thunder and fireworks. :)
Tuesday, July 5, 2005
Posted by Lisa at 9:42 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment