CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 10, 2005

Braxton Hicks, meet my uterus.

http://www.juniormagazine.co.uk/module-pagesetter-viewpub-tid-5-pid-29.html

If you didn't already know, Dr. John Braxton Hicks was the guy that had these little practice contractions named after him. And boy, are we practicing a LOT these days!

I think I feel that more than I do the baby kicking.

My theory on that is the baby has less room to move around now that she's getting bigger, so she has less room to "wind up" for the swings, so the kicks are less dramatic now.

I still feel her kicking, but it's not the kind that makes me think she's going to grow up to be a kick boxer some day. Now it's more like she's stomping grapes. Come to think of it, it probably wouldn't be such a bad thing to have a grape stomper in the family. Marti would have a permanent "in" with the wine makers and he'd be a happy boy.

Anyway, I'm quite certain this feeling is Braxton Hicks because early on I remember telling Mom that I can almost feel when the baby is getting ready to kick. I imagine it is my uterus tightening up, then the baby reacts by kicking.

Or I could be imagining the whole thing. That happens when you read too many books.

0 comments: