CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 25, 2008

Stella is Here!

I waited to post this last today so it would be on top out of my three posts.

My friends' baby arrived over the weekend! She's cute, adorable, perfect, and sweet! Mommy let me hold her and she wasn't even 24 hours old yet! I feel so special!

Marti told me I looked uncomfortable with her, but she was just so small!!! I forgot how little they can be and I wanted to make sure I supported her head and all that. Meanwhile, she had just left her mommy, so she started crying a little. OK, so I was nervous. I'm not going to pretend I wasn't. :)

BUT, when I got that baby over my shoulder instead of cradle style, it was like home. I do remember THAT!

I am so happy for my friends! It's been a rough "last few weeks" for the whole family, and I think things are finally settling down. I can't believe I didn't even GET the email announcing her arrival! I got a text from her in the afternoon and realized I missed something. haha!!!

I want to tell you all about it, but it's not my story to tell and I don't even know if she wants it shared with the vast unknown. I remember her sister saying she wrote it all down the best she could, but that is on a password protected site, so I'm thinking they are feeling a need for privacy, which I'll honor until I hear otherwise.

God, I can't believe she's finally here! I remember the day she texted me thinking she GOT pregnant!!! I was still just getting over my miscarriage this summer and was in New York. That seems like a lifetime ago! I remember getting home and wanting to drive a pregnancy test (25 minutes) out to her so she would test, but she has way more patience than I and declined the offer that day. I guess that will come in handy now that she has an infant and a toddler. ;)

All the best in life to you, S! And to you, too, J, E, and E!!!!

0 comments: