I was driving home from work and couldn't help but notice the irony. A little SUV was rolling along, and it had 3 window stickers. One was HUGE and white on a dark tinted window background. It read "187 INC" which some of you may know, 187 is slang for killing a cop. The other was smaller and not so obvious -- brass knuckles as featured on the 187 INC website.
The third decal is where the irony comes into play.
"Aloha"
In case you're not "all over it" yet, here's a blurb I picked up that sort of sums it up as well as anyone could:
Aloha. 1. Aloha, love, affection, compassion, mercy, sympathy, pity, kindness, sentiment, grace, charity; greeting, salutation, regards; sweetheart, lover, lover, loved one; beloved, loving, kind, compassionate, charitable, lovable; to love, be fond of; to show kindness, mercy, pity, charity, affection; to venerate; to remember with affection; to greet, to hail. Greetings! Hello! Good-by! Farewell! Alas!
Aside from the irony, what is the matter with people that they feel the need to glorify killing a cop and that people actually buy gear with this logo on it? Yes, they actually do -- I had an ex-student who I had to confiscate a hat like this from because he kept wearing it to 8th grade! I said his dad could pick it up if he wanted it back. He got it back, but not after hearing a bunch of shit from his dad. One of his dad's best friends is a cop. You can imagine how well that went over when he saw the hat his son made him come pick up!!!
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
Irony
Posted by Lisa at 12:41 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Seriously? I can't believe that. It's sad how hardened people have become.
Post a Comment