So, the job is good. I like it a lot. I was describing part of it to a friend today and she commented that it sounded monotonous. Uh, yea!!! :) I told her it's like pulling weeds. It's very mundane sometimes, but it's GREAT in that sense that I can see when it's DONE (or getting there) and I can walk away from it at the end of the day! She and I both like gardening, so the analogy worked.
Anyway, along those lines, I ran out of things to do for one part of my job and started in on something I've been putting off until I get more familiar with navigating through the system since it involves calling customers and discussing account histories.
Basically, what happened was I called a customer I was not really supposed to call. Apparently the location where the problem originated handles it's own problems. However, there was a printout from the woman before me and the last notes she wrote said, "Credit already applied, call him in the morning." OK. So I called. ;)
When all was said and done, I got the problem figured out, so he won't be bugged again. That's good, right?
Well, apparently he called the other location and dug into them because I called him when the issue was supposed to be resolved. But it wasn't. Not at that time.
What happened was each location was working with different information and the pieces were not fitting together. This could have gone on forever!
Anyway, my boss told me about the controversy with me calling and explained why I can't call on that location's issues anymore. Hey, that's cool with me! ;) Seriously - it's no sweat off my back.
So, she took off for a break, and while she was gone, I SNAPPED my nail bed in a HUGE three ring binder! I shouted one word when it happened. (Oh, I forgot to mention that my office is SILENT!) What do you think that word was? I should say, "KNOWING ME, what do you think that word was?"
Well, it was "OUCH!" Go figure! So, I started laughing because it hurt so badly, the girl next to me was on the phone when I yelled, and because I only yelled OUCH! For some reason, at the time, I thought that was the funniest thing in the world!
So funny, actually, that I started CRYING!!!!! Seriously!
THEN, I laughed even harder at the thought of my boss coming back and walking into all of this!
Think about it. She left just moments before after having to pass along a scolding from a manager at another location.
I imagined her walking in on me thinking I was crying hysterically because I got scolded!!! hahaha!!!! In reality I was laughing, but to the person that missed the whole finger getting snapped in the binder thing, it would have looked like I was crying only.
I found that too funny.
Hey, at least if I would have gotten yelled at for making too much noise, I would have at least had all my work done, right? :)
Friday, April 25, 2008
Potential for Misinterpretation
Posted by Lisa at 10:07 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment