CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Back to Work Soon

Tomorrow is my last "day off" between jobs. It is glorious outside, so when Mom asked if I wanted to go out to lunch, I jumped at the chance! Marti is home during the day, so he got to join us. What a treat!

We found a restaurant nearby that had available patio seating and we enjoyed our meal and the weather, and a drink. Ahhhhhh! This is the life!

I'm just starting to get used to this and now it's all but time to go back to work. :( I have tomorrow off, then the weekend (which I would have had off anyway, so I'm not counting that) and then my first day on the new job. I'm strangely not nervous. But I am bummed that my life of leisure is over. I don't think I even get sick time for a year! (OUCH!)

ON ANOTHER NOTE:
I came home yesterday to some WEIRD flowing shadows on my dining room wall. It took me a while to figure out what it was, but eventually I did.

It was the shadow of our beta fish, Gil! The sun was just peeking through the kitchen door, through his little bowl, and onto the wall. As he swam around, his shadow did too -- on my wall! I'll try to catch it again today on video and post it. It was truly intriguing!



AND FINALLY:
I'm cooking corned beef with cabbage tonight. You can look at it as late for St Patty's day, or early for Easter, depending on who's customs you're following.

I learned "corned" refers to the salt curing of the beef so it doesn't spoil. Some of the salt crystals they used to use were as large as corn kernels.

You learn something new every day, right? Well, at least we hope to.

0 comments: