CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Time to schedule the 18-20 week ultrasound appointment! Boy or girl? Who wants to place their bets now?

The regular doctor's visits are becoming nothing more than "Do you have any questions" so there's nothing to report there.

I do think I'm getting my appetite back and I'm sneaking up on the 140 lb mark on the doctor's scale, so that means about 5-6 lbs gained so far.

She measured the height of my uterus and said it measured at 15 weeks. I'm at 16, but I think it just means it's sticking OUT further than UP since I'm showing so much for this early.

Heartbeat is at 153 and seems to be holding there (just like at home). I've gotten a bit bored listening to it at home, so I don't do that every day as I thought I would want to.

She did say I should begin to feel movement within a month or so.

So, for the next month, we have the ultrasound to look forward to and "quickening" for me to start feeling.

Curious term... Quickening. Like the quick and the dead? So feeling it move means it's coming to life? I guess they made up that term prior to being able to see via ultrasound the little buggers hopping around like Mexican Jumping Beans inside all the moms in the early weeks.

Gotta go! I'm going to call the ultrasound folks since they supposedly book up quickly.

0 comments: