CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

I stayed home from work today to oversee the concrete slab getting put down for the BBQ we ordered. Good thing, as I caught 4 pretty major screw ups that they were able to "fix" on the fly.

I'd planned on going in to work after they got started, but it turns out it was not looking good, so I stayed home all day to see what they were doing.

Since the muddy grass was finally gone and the patch covered up I decided it was time to finally clean the floors! I really got to cleaning and even took the dust buster out and vacuumed the sofa cracks while I was at it. (Of course we will never fully be rid of Morgan's lovely blonde fur even now that she's gone, but I did get rid of a lot today!!!)

For those that are worried, I took my time cleaning and took LOTS of breaks. Plus, I used a stick vac to sweep and the Hoover to mop, so really all I did was push those tools around. Just standing up on the tile that long really did a number on my feet though!

I finally finished cleaning the downstairs about the same time the concrete guy gave up for the night. TEN THIRTY PM!!!!! Can't say the guy wasn't trying to make that slab look good... Plus, seeing him out there working by flashlight and then finally by real work light motivated me to finish my job as well.

0 comments: