CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 17, 2009

It Started With Glass of Cabernet

As you have already read, "it started with a glass of cabernet."

Then, there was the dribble.

It was on a red tank top, so I didn't think much of it. But, it was a NEW red tank top, so I took it to the sink to wash it.

Well, this could have gone two ways at this point: a stain story or hot steamy sex because I inadvertently went topless in an effort to avoid the stain story. If you've been a regular reader here for long, you know I don't usually get into the hot/steamy stuff, so we can all safely assume that this will be a stain story. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO sorry to disappoint!

ANYWAY... I had just put Abby to bed, so I just tossed the tank in her sink, turned on the tap and gave it a scrub. The red wine was REMARKABLY set into the red tank, so I moved on to tthe Shout. That didn't work, so next I tried detergent. (I would hate to skip the obvious, after all!)

All of a sudden, Abby shouted for help!!!!!

Oh, I put her hair in rollers tonight, and one got loose. But, you girls know that they don't just come loose. They TANGLE like bitter dejected rollers on their way out. And yes, they did!

I did my best to get them out while not turning her off to the tools of femininity and ignored the faucet that was still running over my stained red tank. I figured the little hole in the sink would let any overflow out of the sink.

I figured wrong!

I returned to the bathroom to a pool that was QUICKLY approaching the carpet and had taken over the cabinet - inside, outside, and under!

I quickly sacrificed my precious daughter's bath towels to the flood gods and sopped up what I could. As I did this, I was immediately thankful that I had JUST cleaned all the dog hair off her bathroom floor just one day prior! A wet mess is one thing. A wet hairy mess is an entirely different animal!

In the end, the stain NEVER came out, but the bathroom floor is still clean. (Just like yesterday!)

I guess I'm going to have to soak my new tank in wine tomorrow to even out the red tones. Would it be bad to ring out the shirt and drink the wine that's left over?

I kid!!!!!!!!!

0 comments: