CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 5, 2009

So Gross -- So Effective!

OK, if you don't already know this about me, you need to know that I can be gross. So, consider yourself warned that this post is about zits.

There.

So, I found this little piece of camping equipment (from back in the day when I actually got to go camping) called a snake bite/insect venom extractor. It looks just like this with interchangeable heads to fit the size bite you're dealing with.

I tried a new makeup and it made me break out in a BIG way. It took me over a month to realize why I was going through this again at 40, so you can imagine the mess my face had become. Many, many zits in various stages of not quite healing!

I've changed back to my usual brand of makeup now, and am healing up nicely, thank you. But, in the mean time, I needed to get rid of those darned zits, and manually popping them wasn't going to cut it. First of all, you're not supposed to do that (whatever), but second of all, they were in places I couldn't get to even if I tried, such as the crease on the side of my nostril/face.

One day I got a BRILLIANT idea! I put the tiniest head on that extractor BACKWARDS (to make it even tinier!), put it up to what I thought was the center of a zit, and then activated the suction on it. Rather than damaging my skin by trying to PUSH the offending matter out, it SUCKED on it until it was nearly ready to go.

I'll spare you the details, mostly because it's not as gory as you'd imagine, but suffice it to say that I have a new tool in my cosmetic case!

Those of you with any kind of problems like this, consider getting one for yourself! I just got an impossible zit in about 10 seconds flat today without even coming close to digging my nails into the side of my face.

I'm a happy girl - relatively speaking! Yup, it's the simple things in life that make me tick. :)

3 comments:

Plant Girl said...

That's awesome!

Tom Johnson said...

Gross, but the best kind of gross - fascinating-gross.

Lisa said...

I'm full of alternate uses for items! Remember the Breathe Right Nasal Strips ingrown toenail remedy? Ha ha ha! Works every time! (Getting my husband to cut his toenails properly would be nicer, but until then, we keep the back up plan around.)