Those of you familiar with charting basal body temperature know what this means. When I wake up tomorrow, I'm probably going to have a little visitor.
In the past, I wasn't the type to get cranky around the time of my period, but as I've gotten older, I certainly notice that I do now!
So, the cranky thing is already starting.
If I get my period tomorrow, I'm also going to (OBVIOUSLY) not be pregnant, which brings a whole new level of bad mood to the equation.
I also convinced myself that I'm done trying, so this month will be an especially emotional failure, I'm sure.
Oh, and then there's my dad. The biological one.
For nearly a month now, he's been up in Northern California talking about moving my 90 year old grandmother down here to live closer to my family. (Curious that she's not moving into her own SON'S town - her old home town, but whatever.)
A week ago, he still hadn't made ONE phone call to the place she wishes to live. I hadn't heard anything from them for well over a week now and never did hear any definite plans as to when he was actually hitting the road.
Tonight I got a message from him that they have crossed the Colorado River and they are staying in Quartzite tonight. I should expect a daytime arrival tomorrow.
What.
The.
FUCK!?!?!?!?!?
The man never ceases to amaze me. Is there a normal person on this planet that wouldn't call to say they were leaving and let family know ROUGHLY when to expect them?
The fact that he lives in Los Angeles and is sleeping in Quartzite tonight also tells me that he probably expected to finish the trip tonight! Who drives from LA to Quartzite (presumably after at least 2 days of "taking the scenic route" from Eureka to LA) to spend the night when the ENTIRE trip from LA to PHX is only 6 hours? He had to have made the decision to drive through LA and make it to Phoenix earlier in the day and then realized half way here that he just couldn't make it. I mean, he doesn't have any money, so why would he take on the added expense of a night in a hotel if he didn't have to? And Quartzite, for God's sake!!!!
So, unless I'm mistaken, he was going to show up unannounced, for all intents and purposes. (*see footnote)
What a complete fucking asshole!
Soooooooo, I will go to work as usual tomorrow, pick Abby up when I get off, and then be obligated to drive out to see them, unfortunately but hopefully, on the other side of town where her assisted care facility is. That is, IF he made those arrangements and she actually HAS a place to stay when they arrive.
And where is he staying if she does have a place? Is he staying with her?????? He sure the fuck isn't staying in my house!
Oh, what a joyous day tomorrow is going to be. I'm absolutely disgusted and I haven't even seen him yet. Things don't usually get better once I hear him start speaking. He's just "one of those guys" that has that effect.
Where's my rewind button? I am going to need it tomorrow!!!!
(*footnote)
Turns out he PLANNED on crashing in Quartzite, but instead, powered through to Phoenix and arrived supposedly around 9pm. He officially gave no notice that they were coming.
Yes, I did get a message that was time stamped around 7:30 pm saying he was staying on the CA/AZ border for the night, but he didn't stay there! He kept going and arrived that same night. No notice. No head up. No common courtesy. No consideration.
What.
A.
Tool!
Sunday, November 8, 2009
Setting the Stage for a FANTASTIC Day!
Posted by Lisa at 9:34 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment