CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Family - you gotta love 'em!

Father and Grandmother: Arrived Sunday night without warning. Since then, just vague texts and nothing even resembling a plan or invitation to come see them. I can’t call Grandmother, as she doesn’t have a cell phone, and I refused to call my father until he showed a smidgen of social normalcy.

Grandmother: Wednesday morning – difficulty breathing

Me: Wednesday, 11:14 am – receive text from father informing me grandmother was in hospital. Finally sick of waiting for my father to let me know if it’s ok to come visit her, I go to hospital at lunch to see grandmother for first time in 15 years.

Father: Before I even sit down after entering the room, asks me if I’m “carrying a little one.”

Me: “Fuck you very much, no. You don’t ask a woman if she’s pregnant! What were you thinking???” Lovely timing, on top of completely clueless. I refrained from saying, “Had you been even remotely involved or interested in my life during the last (4) decade(s), you would know how incredibly insensitive that was to say,” and said only, “I’m sure it’s the lingering effects of the 4 pregnancies.” < awkward silence as he does the math and realizes he has only one grandchild >

0 comments: