CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 25, 2009

Sleep - or Lack Thereof

I never thought I'd have trouble falling asleep. Normally, I am the one who is snoring 5 seconds after my head hits the pillow. It actually makes Marti quite angry because he has trouble falling asleep AND I snore like no female ever should.

Last night was quite the opposite, though.

I was ready to sleep, but Marti, for some unknown reason, decided he wanted to watch TV in bed. (We never watch TV in bed.) It started with an episode of House. It was the one with the kid with Autism. You know -- the one where the kid keeps screaming. Very good material to fall asleep to, if you ask me.

I'm thinking Marti was either bored with it or trying to be nice, so he switched stations and started watching Star Wars instead. It was a scene where someone was fighting with light sabers. So, in addition to annoying sci-fi sounds, there was constant flashing lights. Closing my eyes did nothing to shield them from the strobe light in my room.

Finally, I decided to use my mp3 player to try to take my head to another place. I couldn't play the usual upbeat music that I have on it, because that would defeat the purpose. I found some relaxing "background" type music with some birds and waterfalls or something, and tried that.

No dice.

I got the eye mask that I saved from a flight we took once.

No dice.

While the strobe light was removed from my eyeballs, I could still hear everything over the music in my ears. If I turned it up louder to block out the TV, it was too loud to allow me to sleep.

I was in a pickle.

Finally, Marti decided to go to sleep. And he did sleep. And snore. See, he also snores once in a while when he drinks. And he did drink last night since he allowed me to sleep in on "my day" to watch Abby, so I owed him one. I was designated driver last night.

Apparently I was also designated insomniac.

Top that with some antibiotics I'm taking (just in case - see post one door down) that make me drowsy, and I have a feeling nothing is going to get done today. At least it's a holiday and I can pretend I planned on doing nothing today.

0 comments: