Today is mother's day. I have my mom, my mother-in-law, and my sister-in-law all downstairs right now waiting for dinner. It's great. (And that is sincere - no sarcasm intended.)
BUT, call me ungrateful because I'm pouting right now.
Our house is small and boxy. It SUCKS! It is AWFUL to try to entertain here unless we can go outside. This year, it's just too hot for mother's day on the patio -- where there would be plenty of room for all 3 of the aforementioned mothers, 2 grandfathers, a nanny, and 3 kids (1 1/2 - 4 years old) to spread out.
So, the grandfathers are content standing in the kitchen drinking and eating from their appetizer plates.
The above 3 mothers are sitting around the breakfast table, and Marti is sitting with them. There are 4 chairs at that table, and that room is full. The nanny is with the 3 kids in the living room playing moderately loud games.
I suggested that we take it to the dining room so we can all spread out and sit. There is room for 8 chairs in there. Marti says he's fine, and the other three go along with him.
Nobody notices right away that I am standing. I'd like to sit. I don't want to sit in a cluster fuck around a breakfast table in a room that has always been too small -- next to the sliding glass door that is soaking in the evening sun. (Warm!!!!)
My mom, sweetheart that she is, offers me her seat, but that's still not the point. It's a breakfast table. It's TIGHT in that room and I'd like to relax -- not bring in a full sized dining room chair into a room that is already overcrowded.
Ugh. So I just walked away and found a healthy way to vent my frustration with the situation. (Blog) Oh, and if you can't tell, this post is heavily seasoned with a bitter hint of "we should have bought that other (bigger) house when we had the chance!!!!"
Ugh.
Sunday, May 10, 2009
Go Ahead, Call Me Ungrateful
Posted by Lisa at 5:52 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment