For many years, I have felt and been told that I have a "freaky ESP thing." It's gotten to the point where I just point it out early on in new friendships so that we can move right past that wondering stage and get right to the giggling part.
Just like all things, I am convinced that there is a range associated with this oddity. No, I can't read minds. No I can't predict the lottery numbers or even the weather. It's really quite useless except for an occasional statement that could bring a "WTF!!!!" out of a friend who sees the connection. At this point, I can't think of any specifics of my own off the top of my head, but it happens.
Here's the point of the post. I think Abby may have gotten it from me!!!! A couple weeks ago, we were driving home and I told her that Tiffany was coming over. Her response was to ask me if Tiffany had chocolate in her car. Huh? Random! I think the last time Tiffany brought me chocolate was 5 times ago when I watched her cats while she was on vacation. I don't even think Abby knew what solid food was at that point, let alone be able to discern what chocolate was! So, I dismissed her comment as random and went along our merry way home. When Tiffany showed up, guess what she brought? Carl's Junior burgers and fries!!!!! Woo hoo!!!!! OK, that was unrelated.
She brought chocolate!!!!!! A big bowl of homemade chocolate covered bananas to be specific!
Weird!
But, we can chalk that up to coincidence I think. It was odd, but just odd enough to make me tilt my head. I would have never blogged about it if it were not for:
Scissors.
I recently decided to give coupons a try. Jenny has shared some of her stories about how much she can save, and while I'm not going to go pro, I think with coupons now being worth a dollar or more, it is now worth it to try.
So, I gathered up all the coupons from the old papers at work (we put papers on the planes) and had them in a folder in my big purse/bag. I grabbed the bag and was going to head upstairs to cut them out because the good scissors were upstairs.
Remember, the folder was (hidden) in my bag. It was new, so Abby didn't even know it existed, let alone know it was for coupons. I didn't say I was going upstairs to get scissors; I was just thinking I needed them. I didn't mention coupons or anything AT ALL to prompt what happened next.
As we left the kitchen to head upstairs, Abby put her fingers out like a tiny pair of scissors and started mimicking the motion of scissors while saying, "I need scissors. Cut cut cut."
DUDE!!!!!! WTF!!!!!!!!! No, seriously, WHAT WAS THAT???????
The only time - ONLY TIME - she has ever used scissors is with a clumsy lobster shaped pair that came with her playdo set she got for her birthday. She rarely even uses them. So, it's not like an everyday thing for her to even mention scissors, let alone the instant I start thinking about them!
So, I am starting to think that she got my freaky ESP thing. This could get fun. :)
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
"Freaky ESP Thing"
Posted by Lisa at 11:17 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment