CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, February 13, 2009

Webster's Dictionary defines...

This should be brief. I just have to get it off my chest.

I listen to the radio while traveling to and from work, as well as most of the day at my desk. I hear commercials from a certain jeweler ALL DAY LONG and they drive me INSANE! They are so completely trite and lacking in inspiration.

Every.single.ad starts the same way. They say a word, and then follow it up with, "Webster's Dictionary defines XXXXXXX as ....."

For example, this week it was "Valentine. Webster's Dictionary defines Valentine as a sweetheart - either chosen or complimented on Valentine's Day." Yes, I have it memorized and I hate then for that!

Other examples include, but are not limited to: heirloom, graduation, engagement, and passion. There have been countless others, as this has been going on for months on end. I even sent them an email requesting they re-evaluate their marketing campaign along with a link that clearly stated what a JOKE it is to rely on the age-old dictionary trick as a starter. (Not to say that every dictionary starter is a joke. I actually saw it used well recently in a different situation!)

Please tell me how to make them stop! I love listening to the station I tune in, so I don't want to stop listening just because of this.

0 comments: