The other day, I noticed some light on a table in an otherwise dark room. It was obviously being reflected from somewhere else (or is that refracted?) ;) so I began to try to determine from where it was coming. I discovered it was coming from Gil's bowl.
As I was running my hand through the light that was shining into the bowl and then out across my room, I noticed something. There was a pattern on my hand; it wasn't just "light." I tried to identify it on my hand, but was unsuccessful. I found something that was fairly plain and white and tried that. This is what I saw.
Please excuse the mess** that is my backyard right now, but this is what I saw when I looked out the window clear across the room.
Pretty cool, huh?
AND, I have to admit I got a little geeked up when I was "focusing" the inverted image on the postcard by moving it closer and farther from the fish bowl.
Besides just being himself, that little Betta fish is inadvertently providing this household with so much entertainment!!!!
**In my defense, my yard is usually very pretty, but recently we got a frost warning and I had next to no time to defend my plants. I grabbed some old linens and tossed over some plants, and with as much time as I did have before it got dark, I kind of threw some Christmas lights up in the trees for added warmth. (It works every time!) With Abby's toys strewn about, the folded up ghetto pool that somehow migrated to the patio table, and the wheelbarrow/ladder combo it looks atrocious! But, that's how it looks for now until warm weather and my having some extra time coincide -- or until we move, whichever comes first!
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Am I a Geek For Noticing This?
Posted by Lisa at 10:53 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment