CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 10, 2008

That's Some Crazy Shit!

I just got back from the mani/pedi that Marti got for me today. Ahhhh! Such a treat to wake up to THAT! :) Thanks sweetie!

Anyway, the reason I'm writing now is because the lady next to me was talking to the woman doing her feet and we heard some seriously crazy talk!!!

Apparently she was a surrogate mom! That's not the crazy talk, but that was VERY interesting! I've never known a surrogate before.

So, apparently it was ORIGINALLY for her brother and his wife that she did this. No, I'm not saying the first time she did it was for them, it was the only time she did it. So, what's with the "originally" crap?

WELL, apparently, at about 9 months, the brother and sister-in-law CANCELED on her! WHAT.THE.FUCK!?!?!?!?! NOW WHAT???!!!???!!!

She was in her 40s and not prepared to keep a child, so after talking with her own nearly grown kids, she decided to put her up for adoption.

Crazy, huh???? I can understand carrying someone else's child and not keeping it at that point in her life, especially knowing where the child was going to and being able to see her a few times a year.

What I don't understand is the brother and the sister-in-law just walking away like that.

THEN, the brother and sister-in-law adopted what this woman called a "crack baby" and then divorced shortly after that. She says in hindsight, she thinks the sister-in-law knew they were getting a divorce, but still wanted a baby, but knew if they took the "surrogate" baby, the brother would get the child in the divorce and she would be left without a child.

What I don't know is who contributed to the biological makeup of this baby. That could change my opinion on the matter. I do know the brother was not the father, as she said she chose a very tall guy. So, was it her egg, or did they do donor eggs as well? If not, then that was her bio-child that she put up for adoption, not just some egg and sperm she was babysitting for 9 months.

As I was typing this out and talking to Marti, I realized something stupid. I was thinking that she chose a sperm donor because it would be weird to inject her own brother's sperm into her. UH, HELLO!?!?! You can't have a baby with your own brother ANYWAY!!!!! WTF was I thinking (or not thinking)????? It only occurred to me that it would be kind of gross to think about your brother's sperm in there. It didn't occur to me until later that the baby would be like the product of incest. Duh.

So, I wonder if it was just a sperm donor and her egg or if they did in vitro with someone else's egg. I just may have to go back for another pedicure to find out. Maybe it's better if I don't know. I don't want to know that she put her kid up for adoption.

1 comments:

Suzy said...

Okay, that is wild! That poor little baby, being born into all that drama. And then for the brother and SIL to go adopt another baby...unbelievable! I wanna know the rest of the story - I think you need another sidedish incident with dh so you can book another pedicure. ;)

BTW - I'm disappointed we don't get to see any spray tan pictures! Booooo!