CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

It's MY Email Address and NO You Can't Use It!

What would you do if you kept getting emails from companies that think you are their customer? It appears that someone keeps entering MY email address in her personal info pages with her online accounts, so I keep getting her notifications.

I get her auto-pay notices and advertisements from her internet company, her satellite dish company, her cell phone company, and also her bank!

As an unwilling recipient of these emails, I know WAY too much about her, down to the pay per view movies she has ordered...

I can click the emails as spam, but I still seem to get them. I can reply to the email and ask them to remove me, but usually the emails don't go through at all or get a reply. (Obviously!)

I tried calling their customer service and letting them know. I requested that they remove my email from her account info, but they refused, as I am not the account holder. (Grrrrr!)

But I am the EMAIL ADDRESS HOLDER -- not HER!!!!!!

Finally, it dawned on me (after MONTHS of this!) that I do have power to fix this.

When you go to the login page of a website, you enter your email address and password. If you don't know your password, they email it to you. Well, they email it to ME!

So, I reset her password and got into one of her accounts to try to remove my address.

SCORE!

While I was in there, I poked around and got her phone number and address. I called to see if I could find out why she's doing this and ask her to remove my address from the rest of her accounts as well as not enter it in any of her other accounts anymore.

She hasn't called me back.

Sure, the message I left was literally just my name and number and a request to call me back. Maybe I should list her specific account numbers in my next message to see if she takes me a little more seriously and calls me back. That would get MY attention.

2 comments:

Lost in Space said...

How odd! Any word from her yet?

Lisa said...

Nope. She didn't call me back. I need to find her number again and call her. I've gotten her Chase email and AT&T email since then. Ha ha! Maybe if I give her her account numbers on the phone message she will be curious enough to call me back?