My father.
I'm so done!
He moved his mom down here to die about a month ago. She died sooner than was expected -- this past Sunday.
I called him as soon as I heard and he informed me that my brother was there and it was not necessary for me to come. (My brother doesn't speak to me and is very uncomfortable if I'm around.) Turns out, that day my brother took my dad over to our cousin's house and they cooked some traditional family food together, so that was good.
Monday I called my dad again to see how he was doing, to let him know I was still standing by, and that I was ready to help wherever needed. He said he was still waiting to figure things out -- or for someone else to figure it out for him. I offered to help again, telling him that I am good in these types of situations, and he basically gave me the brush off, so I left him alone at that point to a certain extent. I wasn't going to take that day off work just to go over to my grandmother's apartment and watch him stare at things. And every time in the last month or so that I've asked him if we should do this or that or whatever, his response is, "We'll cross that bridge when we get to it," or something along those lines.
Tuesday I tried to get over myself and sent him a text asking if he wanted to have dinner together. I was thinking it would be nice to get together away from the whole situation.
He didn't reply. This is the guy that has had his stupid new bl.ueto.oth stuck in his ear for the last couple of weeks no matter what he's doing. I swear to God, he must sleep with it in his ear! And he couldn't be bothered to reply to my text.
Wednesday I still didn't hear from him.
Guess what happened on Thursday?
Nothing.
Today -- Friday -- he sent me a text asking when a good time to call would be. I replied with "Now is fine." He called (~1:30 pm) and after asking ME when we can get together and talk, he basically told me he would call me LATER.
?????????
I don't know where he was at the time, but he said he first had to go to her apartment and then get back, so we'd get together and talk after that. It sounded almost like he thought he would be done before I got off work. He said he'd "call me first."
I understand that as, "Don't call me. I'll call you."
So, I hurry home to take care of things so that when he calls, I'm free to get together and whatever...
I got off at 4 pm and by 6:30 pm, I was fed up. (As if waiting for a reply since TUESDAY after being blown off since SUNDAY wasn't bad enough!)
I was cooking dinner for Abby and on the phone with my mom when finally he called.
Guess what?
He wanted to know if maybe we could get together on Saturday...
Really?
Really?
I rattled off a list of things I have planned for tomorrow all the way from 9:30 am until well after 10 pm, and you know what he said?
"We'll play it by ear."
Are you fucking kidding me?????????
We'll play it by ear.
Everything is good time.
We'll cross that bridge when we get to it.
Well, Dad, your daughter is absolutely fed up and done with you.
How do you like that bridge?
Friday, December 11, 2009
Done.
Posted by Lisa at 7:58 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment