Those of you that know me well, know that it drives me INSANE when my husband doesn't close things. On his list of things to work on right now is specifically closing the doors on the laundry "room." He's not doing so well with that.
I don't like them open because they are bifold doors and they stick out into the hall, so it interrupts my walking path. I'm not a believer in feng shui, but I think not having an uninterrupted flow of traffic in a home definitely adds to the subconscious irritation factor, so in a sense, there is something to all that, I guess.
So, anyway, I asked him to work on that "task" next and he's failing miserably at that one. Usually he does better when I "task" him with something like this.
I needed a creative way to make him want to close the doors, as it is obviously something that does not irritate HIM.
I thought about a flag that hangs in the middle of the doors that would fall down when he opens it that would say "CLOSE THE DOORS!" But that would just in the way of doing the laundry, so that won't work.
I thought about writing a note on the inside fold of each door that says "close me" but I then got an even better idea. One that would really make him WANT to close the doors -- not just because I told him to.
Unpleasant words. No orders or commands or even requests. Just words he doesn't want to see or read on a regular basis. Not that he's got anything against a couple of these, but I'm sure they are just not what he wants blatantly posted on items in his home. And then there are the ones that are TRULY unpleasant. :)
I think this one will be a hit. :) Nothing says "close the door please" like "BLOODY STOOL," don't you think?
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
Creative Incentive
Posted by Lisa at 6:43 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You're crazy! And my husband would still leave them open.
Freaking hilarious!
This is too funny! I made my hubby come look and he was quite humored too. For the record, he said it would "help" to remind him to close them. (-;
Just so you all know, it's not working.
Any new ideas?
I thought about those stick on screaming sirens that you can stick to doors, so they would go off when the doors are open, but he needs the doors open to do the laundry. The sirens would go off longer than would be reasonable so he'd have to turn them off - defeating the purpose.
Post a Comment