It's been a long time since I've had dreams that I remember in the morning. For someone that used to wake up and be able to go back to sleep and pick up where she left off in the middle of a dream, not remembering dreams at all does not feel right.
There were a few vivid dreams after I left teaching, but those were mostly "workmares" -- you know, those nightmares that you have about your worst possible day at work. Other than 3 or 4 of those disturbing dreams I don't remember ANY over the last year or more.
As for what my teacher workmares consisted of, for your pleasure, imagine me trying to teach 100 kids in a decrepit old greenhouse with no lesson plans or even a CLUE to speak of. I am then told that space was already reserved and I attempt to herd said 100 tweens to another space that I have yet to conceive of. Only before I can do that, and while losing about half the kids to wanderlust, I am Shanghaied in the cafeteria and coerced into volunteering for a part in the faculty talent show - yet never given a script for the play. Then as I walk in to what I thought was a rehearsal, the spotlight shines on me in front of the entire school and it is time for me to say my lines -- for REAL!
You might say I have fears of not being prepared...
Anyway, I've started dreaming again!!! Good dreams; weird dreams -- you know -- JUST DREAMS!
How odd that I had stopped. I just chalked it up to things in my life changing and figured I just wasn't going to have dreams anymore. I guess it doesn't have to be that way.
What I want to know now is if I will start to get some of my old energy back. I mean, does the increase in dreaming mean I'm getting more -- or at least BETTER -- sleep? If so, one can assume I will be more rested and my energy will be begin to return to me.
AND, if my energy returns to me, maybe at least SOME of this mental fog will leave me.
One can only hope, right?
Tuesday, June 9, 2009
Dreams
Posted by Lisa at 11:55 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I hated work related dreams! I had them when I was a server and when I was a teacher! They are the WORST!!! Glad to hear yours are going back to normal :) Miss you!
Post a Comment