CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 17, 2008

Philly Cheese Steaks

Before I say anything, I want to get it on the record that I love my husband and he's a pretty darned good cook. He also appreciates some of the finer things in life, so it's not like he's been ripped straight out of some hick town where "going out for dinner" means meeting up at the local Dairy Queen.

There. That was just to give some perspective because what follows is not going to be pretty.

Last night he grilled a monstrous steak for us to split. He asked me if I wanted cheese steak sandwiches instead of just steak, but I declined.

Then he tried convincing me that his idea would be AWESOME! He wanted to put the steak with melted VELVEETA CHEESE between 2 pieces of Aunt Hattie's Buttermilk (white) bread!

WHAT?!?!?!?! That was just WRONG to even say!!!!!! The Velveeta was bad enough, but you don't put a steak sandwich on sandwich bread. You just don't. You need something, well, BEEFIER that will hold up to the steak and juices.

I told him that there were some people in Philadelphia that wanted to have a seeeeeeeeeeeerious talk with him.

Oh, and before you get any ideas, NO, I don't think that Philly Cheese Steaks would be fine dining either! My point by adding the "perspective" section above is just to imply that HE KNOWS BETTER!

And, in all fairness, I must say, he grilled a mean steak last night! (As usual!) That man has a knack with the BBQ!!!!

1 comments:

Plant Girl said...

Velveeta = good.

Steak = hella good.

Velveeta + steak = ass kicking.

Velveeta belongs on nacho chips and in mac 'n cheese. Thank you for talking some sense into him. ;)