Here are some pictures from October. It was full of fun, including a visit from the in-laws, a trip to the fair, Abby's birthday, and of course, Halloween!
Abby got to feed an alpaca. If you've never fed one before, their lips are like little velvet fairies dancing in your hand!
Abby also got to feed baby goats. Some of them were even about the size of puppies! She made a point of searching out the babies and trying so hard just to feed them. I noticed the mothers were in there, too, so I told her it was ok to feed the mommies because they would feed the babies for her.
Speaking of mommies feeding their babies...
Actually, what was funny about this (and you can't see it in a still shot) was what the baby pigs were doing. They actually were NOT nursing. They were rooting around in mom's boobs, spinning her nipples with their snouts! Scientifically speaking, maybe they were trying to stimulate milk flow. The child in me can't help but giggle, though!
She got her first pony ride ever and I got some exercise chasing them around! (They were faster than they looked!)
Marti took her on the mini bumper cars and they had a blast! He was VERY comfortable, too. No. Really. He was.
Dyan took Abby on the baby elephant ride! Ever since seeing the Disneyland commercials with all the flying elephants, she has wanted to go on that ride! I was so surprised to see an elephant ride at the fair, but THRILLED for her because I knew she would LOVE it!
I got to go on her first roller coaster ride with her! Luckily we didn't make it on right away and ended up at the front of the line for the next ride. (The very front car was the only one with leg room for anyone resembling an adult.) I was MUCH more comfortable than Marti was on his ride. ;)
Fake bats?
Check.
Skull necklaces?
Check.
Glowing red eyes?
CHECK!!!!!
(You've got to click on this one of Dyan and Abby to get the full effect.)
And, finally, Abby trying on her costume at my in-laws' -- complete with the most perfect (and accidentally found) pair of shoes for this costume! I was about 10 seconds away from saying, "Screw it! She can wear white sneakers with it!" when I found 4 pairs of these shoes -- and one pair happened to be her size! (We did get better fitting tights for the real Halloween, but those pictures didn't come out so great.)
Friday, November 7, 2008
Memorable Moments in October
Posted by Lisa at 11:27 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment